The City honours International Women’s Day. We strive to address issues of gender inequity in our programming and work towards a gender balance when selecting our guests for the program. Here is a selection of podcasts featuring women authors, scholars, activists, politicians, and advocates working on a variety of issues in our cities.
- Vancouver Green Party Councillor Challenges Vision Vancouver Policies
- The Working City: Canada’s Foreign Temporary Workers
- The Working City: Urban Economies, Industrial Displacement, and the Global City
- Leaving the City: The Gumboot Girls, Urban-Rural Migration, and the Search for Community
- In Conversation: Vancouver Councillor Andrea Reimer Talks Housing and Engagement
- Small, Gritty, and Green: Agriculture and Relocalization in Smaller Cities
- Universal Childcare in the City (and Beyond)?
- Author and Activist Jean Swanson on the Cost of Poverty
- The Big Download Hits Cities // Women Transforming Cities Launches